- Strategy creation and transformation
- Commercial brokerage
- Insights, analysis and business case development
A specialist in strategy creation, commercial efficiencies, and analysis with notable success in the sports, media, and telecommunications industries. Proven success in leadership, revenue generation, investment analysis, and developing mutually successful partnerships with a keen understanding of project management methodologies. Recognised for establishing new revenue opportunities and encouraging innovative and creative work environments.
Recent assignments (New Zealand Rugby)
- Co-led the facilitation and creation of the 2016-2020 Commercial & Brand Strategy with the Chief Commercial Officer to grow revenue by a further $25 million above existing forecasts.
- Headed the innovation of new revenue streams, tracking of KPI targets, and partner contract management during the period.
- Led the creation, research, and financial modelling of more than twenty-five new revenue streams to form a separate commercial business to NZR’s traditional income sources.
- Co-ordinated with Jarden and Jefferies investment banks to develop pitch material to approach private equity firms for investment. This separate business was independently valued at $3.1billion and attracted interest from Silver Lake who have offered $465 million for a 15% share.
- Gained NZR Board approval and investment to establish a permanent major new tourist attraction called the ‘All Blacks Experience’ based in Auckland and opened in December 2020.
- Negotiated and directed the contracting of terms with a joint venture partner and operator. Led the successful application that secured central government funding of $2.28 million as well as establishing commercial procurement contracts.
Qualifications & accreditations
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Business Studies degree - Major in Economics, specialising in International Trade and Finance from Massey University and a Prince2 Foundation Project Management accreditation.