- Business case development
- Benefits realisation
- Organisational design and change
- Project management
- Independent quality assurance
- Ministerial and Cabinet advice.
David is one of Maven’s Principal Consultants and has a proven record in strategy, business case, organisation design, and project management. He understands the public sector planning processes and can help clients get the best out of their investments.
David has over 30 years’ consulting experience, having performed organisational and project reviews, developed strategic plans and effective change strategies for organisations in both the government and private sector. He has a broad, consultative engagement style and is a trusted advisor to several senior leaders.
David is currently the Chair of the Maven Board of Directors.
- David has been working with The Ministry for Social Development to help develop their strategy and investment case for their organisational transformation
- David developed a business case for the implementation of a shared finance, logistics, and supply chain for the whole District Health Board (DHB) sector. This was BBC compliant. In a challenging environment, this business case was accepted by all DHBs and then approved by Cabinet. Implementation of the shared system is currently underway.
- PAE (NZ) has been operating successfully in the NZ market for 27 years delivering a wide range of facilities management services. David helped crystallise the leadership team’s thinking into a coherent growth strategy which considered how to maintain current services and contracts, while moving up the value chain in the customers eyes. It considered structural/capability implications, operational implications, and provided a pathway to the future. David led a structured process to deliver this strategy which resulted in the leadership team taking ownership of the journey.
- David developed the protective security requirements moderation framework for core government agencies and since then has conducted moderation and provided advice for several agencies on their protective security self-assessments.
Qualifications and accreditations
David holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), and a Master of Engineering degrees from Canterbury University.